Deadlines and Readiness

Tasks and deadlines… they come in endless list but must finish each in required time. Ever felt so busy but not productive? I did… so many times. But thanks God I’ve come to develop a habit of listing my priorities then arrange them according to importance to lessen stress and avoid a clutter mind. I am a person who gets easily distracted though ironically, I believe I am also good in multitasking. But at the end of the day, my joy is not complete for I want to give my 100% to everything I do especially at work and my ministries.  That’s why before the end of 2014 I made a decision that I’ll take writing on my planner and having daily devotions in 2015 seriously. I want to have a more meaningful and deeper intimacy with the Lord. And so I bought a Certified Positive 2015 Planner which contains of course positive messages, Bible reading guide, great testimonies from several people, budget and to-dos record, goal-settings, stickers and more. The planner is perfect for my everyday use and not so heavy to bring everywhere I go: size is 5 ½” W x 8” H, hardbound with the quality of paper so smooth and think. Available at bookshops and online via their website for PhP549.

And along with writing in my planner, I read Our Daily Bread 2015 which was given by our boss and a daily workplace devotional book by Grace Chong, Grace@Work. I’m on my 11th day today and my spirit is lifted up every time I read the Bible verses and amazing short messages. I also started an inspirational photo album at my Facebook page wherein I post the message which struck me the most to encourage my friends as well. Textcutie and Youversion’s Bible mobile apps are very helpful to me these days.

Yey to my everyday partners this 2015!
journals, my Certified Positive planner, Grace@Work book, Now that you're boss which I won through Sir Edwin Arceo's online raffle (will post a review about it soon), my NIV Bible, Our Daily Bread  2015


click this photo for larger view:
Grace@Work, January 11, 2015
And for today’s devotion, I read Grace@Work’s message for January 11, 2015 in advance last night titled "Deadly Deadlines" and Maam Grace emphasized that among all our deadlines, however, there is one that cannot be postponed. For in Hebrews 9:27 says, "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment"; after our mortal death is the time we will all stand before God and be judged so we must be more prepared for it especially we don’t know when is the due date of our lives. This is true since everything on earth shall pass away.

Last January 1, the Bible verse written on Our Daily Bread is from Psalm 73 verse 28, "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds". And this is also my life verse for 2015 and as I've said earlier, my goal is to draw nearer to God and have intimacy with Him. I even thought about when it’s time for me to go home to the Lord, I want this verse to be carved in my own marmol tablet.




But this morning at 3:30, awakened by our dog’s loud barking I felt my bed shaking and even heard things moving for a short time. Earthquake. I did not manage to get up while it was happening but I quickly prayed to the Lord for protection and asked Him to end it quick. My other dog panicked while my mother turned on the radio for news. Alas, it was magnitude 5.7 with epicenter in Zambales. Later the magnitude was raised up to 6.0 by Philvolcs. It was actually scary. Manila felt the Intensity 4 quake. I checked my Facebook and many of my friends were posting about it too, thanks God we’re all safe but alert for aftershocks.


January 11, 2015 Magnitude 6.0 Earthquake 

And then I remember today’s message from Grace@Work book. Preparedness, deadlines, calamities, death, judgment... until now I’m asking myself, am I 100% ready for the deadline that could never be postponed? Hmm… this is something to reflect upon and pray about. How about you, are you ready? Or not?

At noon, I opened my Our Daily Bread devotional and opened it to January 11 but it’s not the 2015 book but 2014, I took the wrong one but the message is perfect for today that if God has something He wants to accomplish and that you feel He is calling you to do, He will provide what you need to complete the task. Or, as one paraphrase emphasizes, God wants us “to join Him in the work He does, the good work He has gotten ready for us to do” (Eph. 2:10). The one thing He requires of us is that we “be found faithful” (1 Cor. 4:2). After reading this, I become hopeful once again. Truly the Lord cares so much about us that He gives what we need to finish our doings. And in the ministries, we are not alone. We must remember that they are God’s works and for His delight hence we have the assurance that He’s with us and He will continue to be there until we complete the task He called us to do. Like our labors are not in vain in the Lord.



We’re just in the initial month of 2015: we have so much to accomplish and we must carry a positive attitude to go through it. Yes, we need to persevere and faithful but in times weariness crawls and we feel like we cannot continue then we have to shake it off with prayer and renewed mind. We need to press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14).

2015 is a more glorious year and be excited to witness God’s incredible works in our lives. Never lose hope. We can always run unto Him, keep this in mind my dear ;)



♥ bettercurly

Comments