Tuesday Choices: Kind Words

It's Tuesday and I remember to choose "kind words".

Yesterday, Our Daily Bread posted "A War of Words" about being careful with what's coming out of our mouth. ODB reminded us that a small comment can start a large fight. When we, by God’s grace, choose not to retaliate with our words, we honor Jesus our Savior.

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
—Proverbs 15:1

How many hateful words have you uttered lately, intentionally or not? and how many people have you hurt by just speaking what's on your mind and not being concern with their feelings first?



Yes, we need to be honest and live with integrity. But I believe that the Lord gives us self-control and wisdom so we can manage our emotions before we speak or act.  Before, I was blinded by my  my own selfishness a lot of times... focusing with the pain, anger, frustration and other negative emotions I was having thus the lesser I cared for others' feelings. Therefore I hurt so many people with my words and brought shame to myself. I've learned the hard way, I was too young then. But thanks God for He is always ready to pour out His grace, there's always a new chance for us to correct the situation or at least ask for forgiveness from anyone.

So let's choose to speak life. We can be truthful while being cautious with how God's want us to deliver the words at the same time. I believe this.


Meanwhile...

I started reading Rei Lemuel Crizaldo's Boring Ba Ang Bible Mo? book last weekend and I'm enjoying every page of it. Here's a quote about Epic Failures in the Bible yet covered and redeemed with God's amazing grace. Hope to finish the book this week :D You may grab a copy of this book at OMF Literature bookshops for PhP75 only.


"Peksman, mamatay man ako, hindi ko kilala yang Jesus na yan." Deny to death. And with that, kinain niyang lahat ng sinabi niya at ang buo niyang pagkatao na nag-uumapaw sa kayabangan. Isa siyang malaki at ganap na "drowing".
(Mababasa ang buong kwento sa Matthew 26:26-35,69-74)

Sa kaso ni (Simon) Peter, bagamat isa siyang epic fail, Jesus offered him a second chance. He may have run away, but Jesus ran after him and trusted him once more. 
Simula noon, Peter was never the same.
Basahin ang John 21:15-19 at tuklasing how ‪‎failures‬ are never final.


That's it, a blessed Tuesday everyone! Be kind!

Comments