Stuck in Love


Walking along the street so peaceful
There’s darkness all over
What am I here for? I don't remember at all
Except for a promise to keep on waiting
The stars are not even bright tonight
And the saddest story is not yet told
But I am sure I will come to like it more
For I would love to shed a tear for you
While smiling my heart out
Reading the lines of your book
Let your guards down bit by bit
Please make me a part of it
[2:22-2:26AM 1st of December, 2013]

Alright, I just wrote these lines really fast. I just typed everything that entered my mind right away. I got inspired by the movie I just saw a little while, titled “Stuck in Love” and I enjoyed the featured music right away and so the story line. I thought it would be just an ordinary Thanksgiving movie but I this one is just appealing and very easy to love, oh the mixture of dreams, passion and different perspective of love and hope! See the trailer below.



I believe it can be appreciated by hopeless romantics, realists, good writers and frustrated ones like me haha! The Stuck In Love: The Writers Playlist (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) is amazing – I liked it as much as the tracks from Yes Man, Catch&Release and October Baby.

And hey, I notice that Logan Lerman's character (Eddie) here is kind of the same as Charlie in the Perks of Being a Wallflower. He writes, reads a lot of books and has a good taste in music! Double like!

I also love this conversation between a daughter, who hated her mother so much for divorcing his father, and his father - who struggled moving on and just revealed the truth why he keeps on waiting for her mother.

Samantha: What are we doing down here?
Bill: Your Mom loves you. She never did anything to you.
Those things she did to me, the things you've been holding over her, I had already done to her years ago.
Samantha: What are you talking about?
Bill: I fell in love with somebody, and got lost, left. You were just a baby, and your mother waited for me.
Samantha: Shut up, Dad.
Bill: She waited six months, Samantha. And when I realized what a selfish * I'd been... She took me back. It's the truth.
Samantha: You couldn't tell me, Dad? Really? You just made me hate her!


Stuck in Love stars Jennifer Connelly, Greg Kinnear,
Lily Collins, Logan Lerman, Kristen Bell, Liana Liberato, and Nat Wolff
(note: right click the image and open the link in new tab/window for larger view )

And now, here are the good final lines from the movie, which are also the ending of “What We Talk About When We Talk About Love” by Raymond Carver.

I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat' there making.
Not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark.
P.S. 

When it comes to love, we need to pray hard and think carefully about the decisions we make. As the Word of the Lord says in Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” and “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it” in Proverbs 4:23

And, family members should really stick together no matter what and communicate more with each other   Always try to give second chances and fulfill your promises! 

Comments