Earthquake at 1:18AM July 26 2011

1:18 AM and we felt the earthquake here in Marikina! I was praying that time when I felt my bed shaking and saw my globe on top of my cabinet also moving. And there I went to my parents' room and saw the antenna of their TV also moving. CONFIRMED, there's an earthquake. Scary. Then after few seconds, I think for more than 40 seconds, we tuned in to the news via radio and the reporters were already talking about the incident and they guessed it's a 3-4 magnitude. And said that according to Phivolcs, the earthquake's scope was as wide as it was felt also in Baguio and Davao.

Could not access http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/ now and no news yet via GMANEWS.TV nor ABS-CBN NEWS .

Thank God we're safe. We hope that nobody was hurt in the earthquake.

UPDATE: see trending reports at Twitter / GMA News.



Preliminary reports from PHIVOLCS: intensity 3 earthquake in Quezon City. We will post more details as soon as we get them. 17 minutes ago

YouScoopers from Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga, Bulacan, Olongapo and Tarlac report feeling the earthquake. Chime in use .

Preliminary reports from Global Seismic Monitor indicate magnitude 6.0 earthquake hit Luzon 1:15am. It lasted between 2-3 minutes. 

Comments