06.02.11 Found in the Aftermath

Photography + Editing by Madz Madaje. 
“I'm a work in progress”... a phrase that used by the Lord tonight to give confirmation that I am doing the right thing.

Tonight’s Hillsong United concert event was really life-changing for me... O.A. na ba? No. I was expecting for this. Other than being excited to witness Hillsong United being back to Manila again after three years, I just knew from the start that all things that happened tonight would contribute for my betterment. It’s just I never knew that I’d be in a certain situation this time.

But things happen, God’s ways happen. And tonight, after I left Araneta Coliseum, I was too thirsty and I decided to go to Mercury Drugstore in Cubao (near Gateway/Philam Life building) but it was closed already. So I thought about going home but I just went to McDonald’s instead... bought Monster Coke Float until before exiting, I looked around and there I saw my friend, Joy. The last time we met was last year, month of September. We were both surprised to see each other and we shared stories immediately. I thought she also just came from the concert and if she’s waiting for a friend. But she told me that she didn’t even know why she’s there. She met a friend minutes ago but she was like led by the Lord to seat at McDo and just wait. Then, it’s God’s way! I need a friend tonight, a good company. Joy is a Christian too and I’m really overwhelmed of her transformations. We never expected that she’d turn into a very committed lady and servant of God. The Joy I knew back in grade school to high school years was very picky and snobbish. But there, “the old has gone, the new has come / 2 Cor 5:17” God changed her, she just obeyed. She surrendered her life, she has humbled down and I am so proud of her. And I’m excited to see more of her. Surely, God knows how to open her heart and mind then lead her to the path He prepares for her. We talked for more than an hour and our conversation really helped me.

My spirit’s more uplifted now... also with the help of awesome worship event with Hillsong United. I need to think of more positive thoughts. I must remember who I am to the Lord, what’s my relationship to Him, on what’s my stand on being her child and follower. I need to recheck who I am now and who/what I am becoming into. The world’s is consuming me bit by bit and I am actually aware of that. I am found in the aftermath but tonight I decided to make a stand.


[And I find myself here on my knees again / Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love / Burning in my heart ~ Hillsong United’s Like an Avalanche]

I will proclaim Your love. Jesus, You are my Savior and friend. I am nothing without You.


Related page >>

Comments